When it comes down to it, both cats and dogs have advantages and make great pets. And you will never get a dog person to agree that cats are better! That said, there are some good reasons why cats are better than dogs for pet ownership.
1. You don’t have to walk a cat. This can also be seen as a disadvantage, because it is fun walking with a pet, but cats tend to walk themselves, so you don’t have to.
2. Cats are clean. There’s no nice way to say this, but cats are generally much cleaner than dogs. They are usually fastidious about washing, and they don’t roll in mud and then shake it all over you.
3. Cats are better than dogs because you don’t have to train them. Cats already know everything and once they have trained you, everyone can relax without having to bother with learning commands.
4. Cats are independent. They like your company ,but if you do leave them to go to work every day, they will usually be content enough in doing what they do. They can be private, so we might not actually know what this is!
5. If you have a problem with mice, your cat will deal with it for you. You have no need to worry about traps or poison. Cats are great at this ,and you can safely leave this job for them to do.
6. Cats don’t usually lick your face. They won’t dry hump your leg. They know when to stop when it comes to affection. Dogs never get this, and although some people may like it, many of us prefer less overt affection from our pets, especially after they come in from playing outside.
7. Just because cats have boundaries and their own standards of personal behaviour, they can often be very affectionate and loyal. Your cat will show you how much he or she loves you by sitting with you, purring, or following you around.
8. You don’t need too much space to keep a cat. You don’t even need a garden. By contrast, dogs need more room to move, stretch, relax, play ,and exercise. It’s nice if you have the space but not so good if you don’t.
9. Cats are great survivors, and you have to admire that about them. A cat is quick thinking and agile, and although they do get themselves into scraps, remember they are supposed to have “nine lives!”
10. Cats don’t bark. They don’t yap either or slobber. But mostly they don’t bark, and that is a great advantage.
11. Cats clean up their own poo. Unlike dogs, cat’s don’t leave it out there to be admired by the world to see. And when you take your dog for a walk – which you must do – you have to pick up the poo in a plastic bag. This is not only gross, but it is an environmental hazard not to clean it up. Many dog owners can’t face it either, and although they pick the poo up and put it in a bag, they often leave it in a public place for someone else to deal with. Not nice.
12. Finally cats are better than dogs, because they are more fun and more interesting. After all, cat videos are what the internet was created for!